Set a temporary closure for my business in Facebook, Google My Business and Yelp
Facebook, Google My Business and Yelp allow business owners to post a temporary closure notice, creating a banner that informs visitors of the closure and when it is scheduled to end. The rest of the listing is unchanged. The banner is automatically taken down on the end date.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Open your site.
- For Websites + Marketing: Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the site you want to change.
- For Digital Marketing Suite: Scroll down to Online Marketing and select Manage next to the account you want to change.
- Open your listing (Facebook, Google My Business or Yelp).
- For Websites + Marketing: From your dashboard, select Marketing then your listing (Facebook, Google My Business, or Yelp).
- For Digital Marketing Suite: From your dashboard, select Social & Listings then your listing (Facebook, Google My Business, or Yelp).
Note: Don't have a listing connected? Follow the prompts to connect your site or create a new listing.
- Select Manage > Set as temporarily closed.
- Enter or edit the date when your business will open, and select Apply Changes.
- To re-open your business early or edit your re-open date, go to Manage > Edit Temporary Closure. Select a new date then Apply Changes or Permanently re-open my business.
- What are local business listings?
- Add a promotional banner to my website
- Business hours changing because of COVID-19? Don't forget to tell Google, Yelp and Facebook
- Update your website, business hours and contact information
- Add a blog or Create an email campaign to keep your customers up-to-date with what's going on in your business.